September 6, 2013

"Outta Time," by Natalia Kills

Well I'm gonna keep this short, because much like the title of this week's single, I am out of time to write this post.


I'm going to be blunt here. I don't like this song. I don't like this artist. I gave Natalia Kills a fair shot, listened to her new album, Trouble, and her debut album, Perfectionist, and I came up dry.

I don't like the slightly off-pitch vocal riff at the start of this song. I don't like the boring drum beat. I don't like her voice. I don't like the chord progression. I don't like the twangy guitar chords in the background. Not even the lyrics do anything special for me. There's nothing about this song that I hate, but there's nothing I like either. It just bores me to tears.

None of her other work floats my boat either. Her most popular tracks, "Problem," "Saturday Night," and "Wonderland" have her torn between sounding like a female Kanye West and a subpar British Lady Gaga. It's not that it's bad music - it's just not special. I can't tell what she's striving towards as an artist from what I've heard, and I don't care to listen to more to find out after what I've been exposed to. "Outta Time" was an awful pick from her new album for the free track. It's not at all representative of the rest of her album, and anyone who does investigate the album after listening to it will be left very, very confused. Frankly, I'm just hoping for a better track next week. I give "Outta Time" a...

2 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment